Below today's show notes - along with links to articles discussed (and video in some cases). The time on the left shows the approximate starting point for each item listed. Links to listen to the show are listed below. Thanks for being a valuable member of the Common Sense Community!
0:00 - Intro
0:36 - Welcome to Episode #24
0:46 - Tribute to Victims of 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.
1:25 - To honor the victims, we are on the precipice of passing a deal with Iran - the largest state funder of terrorism.
2:32 - We all remember where we were when we first heard of or saw the terrorist attacks. I'll briefly share my story.
7:50 - President Bush identified the enemy in a speech on the evening of September 11, 2001.
8:11 - Recognizing the victims of 9/11. See timeline of events.
- American Airlines Flight 11: Crashed into North Tower, killing all 92 people aboard.
- United Airlines Flight 175: Crashed into South Tower, killing all 65 people aboard.
- American Airlines Flight 77: Crashed into Pentagon, killing all 59 people aboard.
- United Airlines Flight 93: Passengers attempt to regain control of aircraft, and it is crashed into a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, killing all 44 people aboard.
- Pentagon: 125 military & civilian personnel killed.
- World Trade Towers: 2,606 people were killed, including 343 firefighters & 72 law enforcement officers.
15:46 - Trump v Fiorina; Jindal v Trump
16:06 - Questions from Quora
17:09 - When political questions are asked on Quora, the crazies come out.
17:33 - Case in Point: "Would a rejection of the nuclear deal by the US Congress be a vote for war?"
- President Obama provides an (ahem) answer. Read it here. (You may have to create a login to read it, I'm not sure. But it is free.)
- Blah, blah, blah...
21:20 - If Iran is not going to be dissuaded by the threat of war, why would they be dissuaded by a written agreement?
21:32 - We act like Iran is a civilized group, but all they do is chant war.
23:06 - We saw sanctions play out with Saddam Hussein. How many times did he break the agreement? Read more. Or see this fact sheet.
24:10 - Iran's starting point is the annihilation of Israel, the United States & Western Society.
25:02 - Syria firing into Israel, and Netanyahu suspects it is led by Iran. Read more.
26:57 - Iranians are confronting our naval ships. Read more.
27:12 - Dick Cheney is criticizing the Iran Deal. Read more.
27:20 - At least 10 of the 9/11 terrorists made way to United States via Iran. Read more.
28:28 - Even Biden agrees that Iran may use the $150,000,000,000 they'll receive from Iran Deal for terrorist activities.
28:38 - Kevin McCarthy's (House Majority Leader's) 21 reasons Iran Deal is bad. Read it.
30:21 - Closing Thoughts
35:36 - Outro
Please rate & review our show on iTunes or Stitcher. And we'd love it if you could share our episodes through social media, email or your listening platform.